Saturday 10 September 2011

IS TRINIDAD BY THE BEACH?




Being close to the beach, well about 10km, was one of the reasons I chose to study Spanish in Trinidad, Cuba.  When I set foot on Playa Ancon beach for the first time, I couldn’t believe my eyes.  My checklist for an ideal beach was pretty much covered:
  • gorgeous aquamarine waters
  • perfect temperature - warm enough for me to bathe in (me and cold water do not agree)
  • crystal clear – excellent, that way I can see if anything is coming to bite me
  • soft white sand – feels good on the feet and looks good enough to eat (like vanilla ice-cream)
  • a beach bar – food & drink is always essential
  • trees on the beach – having shade is always a bonus
  • sun-beds & umbrellas – for those who don’t mind paying a little extra for some additional comfort
It’s easy enough to get from Trinidad to Playa Ancon, hop on the tourist Trinibus or try and share the taxi fare with someone.  The Trinibus is a hop-on-hop off service but the final dropping off point is beside the Hotel Playa Ancon.  There are a couple of hotels on the beach, but don’t let that put you off, you still have pretty much 4km of beautiful beach to yourself, especially if you take a stroll away from the hotels, but then you might not find so much shade.


http://www.experiencetherealcuba.com/trinidad-2/beach

No comments:

Post a Comment