Monday 7 June 2010

experiencetherealcuba


It's all about Cuba!!!!! Nearly 4 years ago, I quit my job, left my life in London behind, flew to Cuba and I have never looked back.

For 1 month I lived in Trinidad, Cuba with a family, took Spanish lessons and salsa classes and I had the most amazing experience. It truly is a magical place that has found it's way into my heart; full of charm, culture, struggle and romance.

I grew very close to the family and I am now part of my Cuban family, 'la prima', 'the cousin', that keeps going back for more. They allowed me into their lives and shared the real Cuba with me. The trials & tribulations in a world where nothing is straightforward, logical or as it seems. As most people say 'no es facile', 'it's not easy', but if nothing else it is fascinating and even with it's difficulties, it is where I want to be.

In the last 3 years I have lived and worked in Central America and I have just finished my contract as a Tour Leader. In this time I have taken every opportunity to return to my 'querida', 'beloved' Cuba. I have shared my experiences / stories of Cuba with almost every person that has crossed my path, I can't help it, Cuba has become part of me. This has wet their appetite and most of them now want to have a Cuban experience of their own.

Cuba has become my home away from home, it still continues to amaze me and together with my Cuban family I want to help others have a truly amazing experience, just like I did.

This is just the beginning, I am not planning on becoming an 'all singing all dancing' web company offering language schools across the world, no, no, no. I am just going to start small, fairly informal, a family / locally run business, promoting Trinidad, Cuba.

'Soy Trinitaria', 'I am from Trinidad', with my local knowledge and contacts I will be providing a service to you guys out there interested in experiencing the real Cuba.
I can help organise home stays, spanish lessons, salsa classes, music lessons, ceramic classes.....you tell me what you're interested in and I will see what I can do.

Watch this space as the website unfolds.......but in the meantime feel free to contact me. I am currently in Costa Rica, due to visit Cuba on the 18th June.


No comments:

Post a Comment